- Requires a Pay TV subscription.
- Only 9 providers participating.
- Only 8 markets included.
Boston you’re out of luck, but Fresno is good. I suspect that these geographical limitations are business issues and not technical ones. After all the Super Bowl was live streamed everywhere and attracts more than twice the the viewers than what is sometimes called “the Super Bowl for women”.
Of course the great irony is that where the stream is available you probably don’t need it – just put up an antenna. An even greater irony? If you have cable credentials why do you need the stream?
Which got me to wondering. Exactly what are the scenarios where one might have internet connectivity but no ABC over the air? Let me know if you can add to the list:
- Apartment dweller with no Cable or antenna feed.
- Out of range to the nearest ABC affiliate.
- Living outside of the USA.
- Anywhere outside your home with 4G or WiFi access.
- You are at home but away from the TV room.
In any case the remedies are the same as last year. And as s usual, I’d love to know how you will watch and if you even care.
There are some unofficial streams that work: